Re: pg_config header files are missing - Postgres 13 - Amazon Linux 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_config header files are missing - Postgres 13 - Amazon Linux 2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 3:32 AM Hasan Marzooq <engr.naqvi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I tried "yum install centos-release-scl-rh" before but it gives the below error.
> ------
> # yum install centos-release-scl-rh
> Loaded plugins: extras_suggestions, langpacks, priorities, update-motd
> 213 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> No package centos-release-scl-rh available.
> Error: Nothing to do
> --------
>
> Postgres 9.6 on this machine (Amazon Linux 2) is installed via PGDG repo, so I tried installing Postgres 13 as well,
andI can see it has installed but only one more package I need that is "postgresql13-devel.x86_64" which needs another
dependency" llvm-toolset-7-clang >= 4.0.1" that is not available from the same repo.

I don't believe 9.6 was supported either, but it may have worked "by chance".

The llvm dependency comes from the JIT functionality, which was added
in PostgreSQL 11, so it not being a dependency in an older version
than that makes perfect sense.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/