Re: Release Notes Archive Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Release Notes Archive Patch
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 5:18 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 2/13/19 10:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The patch doesn't convey a lot to my mind, so I have to ask: exactly
>> what URLs would this present?

> I'm a bit confuse by the question, so I'll answer it from two angles.

Neither of those are quite what I meant.  As I understood Andres'
complaint, it was that right now we have URLs like

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-9-6-5.html

but those are going to be 404 beginning tomorrow.  It sounds from your
response like this patch isn't meant to restore those cross-version URLs.
Which is fine by me, really, but we might get pushback about it.  If so,
there might be material for follow-on work to redirect those into this
new set of URLs.

We can make those become redirects at the webserver level, I'm pretty sure. Seems like it should be easy enough to regexp-match it for a simple mapping.

I'm less certain if we can have that tested and deployed by tomorrow. (Which goes for the whole patch from Jonathan as well)

//Magnus