Re: ERROR: Problem running post install step - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brodie S
Subject Re: ERROR: Problem running post install step
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using the installer

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 08/19/2014 11:03 AM, Brodie S wrote:
I am trying to install PostgreSQL on my OS X Mavericks Server.

Installing with what?

I am installing the Data directory on a NAS server. However, I'm having
an issue. Here is the section of the log file that displays the error:

    fixing permissions on existing directory /Volumes/Poker/Databases
    ... ok
    creating subdirectories ... ok
    selecting default max_connections ... 100
    selecting default shared_buffers ... 32MB
    creating configuration files ... ok
    creating template1 database in /Volumes/Poker/Databases/base/1 ...
    Failed to initialise the database cluster with initdb

So the above is the initial error.

I've confirmed that the user "postgres" is the owner of the Databases
folder and has full permissions.

Have you tried creating something in /Volumes/Poker/Databases/ as postgres?

Is the installer actually running as postgres?

Not sure what else could be causing this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com