Re: Slogans for 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Fernando Fontana
Subject Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
what about "most advanced and performance open source database" ?

regards,
Fernando

2012/1/30 Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>
Josh Berkus wrote on 30.01.2012 21:13:

Folks,

Postgres 9.2 is shaping up to be a "performance" release; that is, we
have several different performance features which may speed up response
times and throughput by multiples for many common workloads.  Also, we
could stand to counteract some of the "relational databases are slow"
propaganda being promulgated by the NoSQL camp.

As such, I'd like to come up with a short (as in 3 to 7 words) slogan
for 9.2, centered around speed. These are to be used in promotional
materials: shirt, poster, flyers.  For example:

"Fastest Database Yet"

"Your Database, Accelerated"

"Features + Speed = Awesome"

"Make Way for Speeding Elephants"

I'm not thrilled with any of those, so, ideas?

What about picking up the "most advanced open source DB" slogan?

Something along the lines "Performance advanced"

Thomas