Re: [HACKERS] Assertion failure in REL9_5_STABLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Assertion failure in REL9_5_STABLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]

 Pavan> I am attaching a patch that throws a similar ERROR during
 Pavan> planning even for 9.5. AFAICS in presence of grouping sets, we
 Pavan> always decide to use sort-based implementation for grouping, but
 Pavan> do not check if the columns support ordering or not.

Hmmm. This is obviously my fault somewhere... the patch looks good, I'll
deal with it shortly.

Thanks. It might be a good idea to include that test case from the master. Please let me know if you would like me to send a new patch which includes that.

Thanks,
Pavan