Re: cloning postgres-xc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: cloning postgres-xc
Date
List pgsql-general
This may not be the best place to ask these questions and you could
have considered using postgres-xc-general mailing list from the
Postgres-XC project site. Anyways, see my comments below.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Does somone know the object overlap likely between pg and pgxc repositories?

There is quite a lot overlap. Even though Postgres-XC has changed many
files and added many other, there is still plenty of common code.

> I ask because I could just git clone pgxc, or I could add a remote for
> pgxc to my pg git clone, and make sure the branches are added, and
> fetch that remote.
> And in this way, common files/ objects are properly shared in one
> repo, rather than duplicated.
>
> Thoughts?

ISTM that's the right way, especially if you're interested in keeping
PG code as well. This way, you will avoid a lot of duplicates and can
also quickly do a "git diff" between files of these two projects. I
find that very convenient at times.

Thanks,
Pavan

--