Re: Upcoming back-branch releases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Upcoming back-branch releases
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
We're about due for a new set of back-branch update releases.  After
some discussion among the packagers, it seems the best window for
getting this done before the holiday season sets in is next week.

Also, as previously mentioned, we're experimenting with weekday
rather than over-the-weekend release windows, since this is much
more convenient for Dave Page and his crew at EDB.

The current plan is to wrap tarballs on Monday Dec 3 for public
announcement Thursday Dec 6.

There is one open bug reported by Amit Kapila that I feel is important. I'd investigated this and Simon had volunteered to fix the same.

I'm not sure about the project policies about fixing known bugs before minor releases, but AFAICS this one can lead to corrupt indexes and as a consequence return wrong query results (as shown in the case by Amit). So IMHO we should fix this.

Thanks,
Pavan