Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Is the WARM tap test suite supposed to work when applied without all the
other patches?  I just tried applied that one and running "make check -C
src/test/modules", and it seems to hang after giving "ok 5" for
t/002_warm_stress.pl.  (I had to add a Makefile too, attached.)

These tests should run without WARM. I wonder though if IPC::Run's start/pump/finish facility is fully portable. Andrew on off-list conversation reminded me that there are no (or may be one) tests currently using that in Postgres. I've run these tests on OSX, will try on some linux platform too.

Thanks,
Pavan