Re: Commit fest 2022-11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Commit fest 2022-11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2022年11月4日(金) 9:43 Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>:

> On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 11:33:57AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> > 2022年11月2日(水) 19:10 Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>:

> > > Fwiw I can help as well -- starting next week. I can't do much this week though.
> > >
> > > I would suggest starting with the cfbot to mark anything that isn't
> > > applying cleanly and passing tests (and looking for more than design
> > > feedback) as Waiting on Author and reminding the author that it's
> > > commitfest time and a good time to bring the patch into a clean state.
> >
> > Sounds like a plan; I'll make a start on that today/tomorrow as I have
> > some time.
>
> If I'm not wrong, Jacob used the CF app to bulk-mail people about
> patches not applying and similar things.  That seemed to work well, and
> doesn't require sending mails to dozens of threads.

I don't see anything like that in the CF app (though I may be looking in the
wrong place).  I also don't see how it would be possible to filter on patches
not applying in cbfot, as AFAICT the former is not aware of the latter.

There is an option for each entry to send an email from the CF app, but it comes
with a note "Please ensure that the email settings for your domain (DKIM, SPF)
allow emails from external sources." which I fear would lead to email
delivery issues.

Regards

Ian Barwick