Re: Underscorces in copy-documentation (9.0 and higher) - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Underscorces in copy-documentation (9.0 and higher)
Date
List pgsql-docs
2013/3/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Mario Duhanic <duhanic@gmail.com> writes:
>> Hi,
>>    - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-copy.html,
>>    - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-copy.html and
>>    - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-copy.html
>
>> have underscores ("_") where there should be none,
>> e.g. in "FORCE_QUOTES".
>
> Huh?  The references to FORCE_QUOTE look correct to me.  The syntax
> doesn't support multi-word option names, so it has to be like that
> (or else run the words together, which doesn't sound like an
> improvement).

FWIW, multi-word option names are pre-9.0 syntax and still supported.
This is documented, albeit you have to scroll to the bottom of the page:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html#AEN66823

Regards

Ian Barwick