Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
Date
In response to Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
List pgsql-general
2022年10月27日(木) 11:00 David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 6:33 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
>>
>> The descriptive designation "the role that owns the SQL part of the implementation of PostgreSQL" is too much of a
mouthfulfor daily use.

> Don't think it's documented but I like "bootstrap user" which I've seen bandied about here a bit.

"bootstrap superuser" is also mentioned a few times in the docs, see e.g.:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-grant.html

This recent commit: e530be2c5ce77475d56ccf8f4e0c4872b666ad5f [1] might
also be of interest
to anyone considering the "special-ness" of this role.

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=e530be2c5ce77475d56ccf8f4e0c4872b666ad5f
Regards

Ian Barwick