Re: Examples of Large Datasets on Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Examples of Large Datasets on Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
2013/10/3 Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I believe this relates primarily to advocacy, so am posting here.  I would
> like to find examples of organizations running large datasets on PostgreSQL.
> The last survey on this (that I can find) is from 2004
> (http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey/26-how-large-is-your-postgresql-database/).
>
> I have also seen this example from 2008:
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/oracle-guide/worlds-largest-database-runs-on-postgres-24979

I can't provide details right now, but I'll be giving a talk at the
Japan PostgreSQL conference in November [1] about my employer's recent
Oracle -> PostgreSQL migration and will be making the material
available in English after that. The dataset is "only" a few TB
(albeit growing).

[1] http://www.postgresql.jp/events/jpug-pgcon2013/#A1

Regards

Ian Barwick