Re: Setting up replication on Windows, v9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Setting up replication on Windows, v9.4
Date
List pgsql-general
2022年11月5日(土) 10:02 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>:

> 2022年11月5日(土) 7:59 Brad White <b55white@gmail.com>:
> > Interestingly, the recovery file says
> > # Note that recovery.conf must be in $PGDATA directory.
> > # It should NOT be located in the same directory as postgresql.conf
> > Those seem contradictory.
>
> I don't know where those lines come from, they're not generated by PostgreSQL.
>
> It is certainly true that recovery.conf *must* be in the $PGDATA directory.  The
> above lines would make sense if it's expected that postgresql.conf will be
> located in another location (as is usually the case with Debian/Ubuntu
> packages), but unless your setup is specifying that, just put both files in
> $PGDATA.

Hmm, looks like those lines came from here:

     https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication

That's plain wrong and confusing [1], I'll update.

[1] not for the first time either:
https://serverfault.com/questions/760802/why-should-postgresql-conf-not-be-in-the-same-dir-as-recovery-conf

Ian Barwick