Re: Setting up replication on Windows, v9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brad White
Subject Re: Setting up replication on Windows, v9.4
Date
List pgsql-general
From the error log:
     FATAL:  hot standby is not possible because wal_level was not set to "hot_standby" or higher on the master server
     HINT:  Either set wal_level to "hot_standby" on the master, or turn off hot_standby here.
I tried setting hot_standby to off, but that didn't help.
I set the wal_level to "hot_standby" and hot_standby to on, and now it appears to have made progress.
The service starts up without failing.

> check if there's an entry in pg_stat_replication on the primary.
No. No entries.
There is now an entry on the primary.

But still can't connect from Navicat on the primary server and the log says

    FATAL:  could not receive data from WAL stream: server closed the connection unexpectedly
    before or while processing the request.

    LOG:  record with zero length at 6B/63000090
    FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: FATAL:  the database system is starting up

    LOG:  started streaming WAL from primary at 6B/63000000 on timeline 1
    LOG:  startup process (PID 3368) exited with exit code 1
    LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯