Re: BUG #8566: Postgres ODBC Driver 9.02.0100 (32 bits) cannot be used under WINDOWS 7 64 bits - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #8566: Postgres ODBC Driver 9.02.0100 (32 bits) cannot be used under WINDOWS 7 64 bits
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM,  <bdusca@cbn.ro> wrote:
> I get from your site the latest Postgres ODBC driver in order to be used in
> an MFC application connected to PostGreSQL version 9.3.1 (32 bits). After
> install the ODBC driver and run upgrade.bat, the ODBC data source cannot be
> created. If I want to create it WINDOWS generates an error regarding the DLL
> of the driver cannot be used. Can you help me with another ODBC driver on 32
> bits that can be used in this case? Thanks a lot,
Why running upgrade.bat if you have already downloaded and installed
the latest version of odbc as you mention in your message? upgrade.bat
needs to be run only when upgrading a version already installed.

By the way, note that this question should be asked directly to the
ODBC squad on this mailing list:
pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
--
Michael