Re: BUG #8566: Postgres ODBC Driver 9.02.0100 (32 bits) cannot be used under WINDOWS 7 64 bits - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From BD
Subject Re: BUG #8566: Postgres ODBC Driver 9.02.0100 (32 bits) cannot be used under WINDOWS 7 64 bits
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Michael ,
Thanks a lot for your valuable answer but receiving it after two weeks does not help me anymore. My company cannot wait to much for solving a problem. Going deeply I finally found and solve the problem. It was something related to registry access and the driver could not write there and it could not handle that weird situation. In the end I manually created the necessary registry keys and then the driver could write them while being installed.

Anyway, thanks for your help and hope to hear from you regarding other issues an open source software might have.

Thanks,

Bogdan Dusca

Sent from my BB 10 Mobile
From: Michael Paquier
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:36 AM
To: bdusca@cbn.ro
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #8566: Postgres ODBC Driver 9.02.0100 (32 bits) cannot

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM, <bdusca@cbn.ro> wrote:
> I get from your site the latest Postgres ODBC driver in order to be used in
> an MFC application connected to PostGreSQL version 9.3.1 (32 bits). After
> install the ODBC driver and run upgrade.bat, the ODBC data source cannot be
> created. If I want to create it WINDOWS generates an error regarding the DLL
> of the driver cannot be used. Can you help me with another ODBC driver on 32
> bits that can be used in this case? Thanks a lot,
Why running upgrade.bat if you have already downloaded and installed
the latest version of odbc as you mention in your message? upgrade.bat
needs to be run only when upgrading a version already installed.

By the way, note that this question should be asked directly to the
ODBC squad on this mailing list:
pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
--
Michael