Re: [HACKERS] Forbid use of LF and CR characters in database and role names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Forbid use of LF and CR characters in database and role names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Ideriha, Takeshi
>> <ideriha.takeshi@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>> I applied your fixed patch and new one, and confirmed the applied source passed the tests successfully. And I also
checkedmanually the error messages were emitted successfully when cr/lf are included in dbname or rolename or
data_directory.

>>> AFAICT, this patch satisfies the concept discussed before. So I’ve switched this patch “Ready for Committer”.
>>
>> Thanks for the review, Ideriha-san. (See you next week perhaps?)
>
> Patch moved to CF 2017-01.

And nothing has happened since, the patch rotting a bit because of a
conflict in pg_dump's TAP tests. Attached is a rebased version.
--
Michael