Re: multivariate statistics (v19) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v19)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> ISTR that you were going to try to look at this patch set.  It seems
> from the discussion that it's not really ready for serious
> consideration for commit yet, but also that some high-level design
> comments from you at this stage could go a long way toward making sure
> that the final form of the patch is something that will be acceptable.
>
> I'd really like to see us get some kind of capability along these
> lines, but I'm sure it will go a lot better if you or Dean handle it
> than if I try to do it ... not to mention that there are only so many
> hours in the day.

Agreed. What I have been able to look until now was the high-level
structure of the patch, and I think that we should really shave 0002
and simplify it to get a core infrastructure in place, but the core
patch is at another level, and it would be good to get some feedback
regarding the structure of the patch and if it is moving in the good
direction is good or not.
--
Michael