Re: multivariate statistics (v19) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v19)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Attached is v19 of the "multivariate stats" patch series - essentially v18
> rebased on top of current master.

Tom:

ISTR that you were going to try to look at this patch set.  It seems
from the discussion that it's not really ready for serious
consideration for commit yet, but also that some high-level design
comments from you at this stage could go a long way toward making sure
that the final form of the patch is something that will be acceptable.

I'd really like to see us get some kind of capability along these
lines, but I'm sure it will go a lot better if you or Dean handle it
than if I try to do it ... not to mention that there are only so many
hours in the day.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company