Re: [JDBC] [HACKERS] Channel binding support for SCRAM-SHA-256 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [JDBC] [HACKERS] Channel binding support for SCRAM-SHA-256
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Peter Eisentraut
>> I also wonder whether there should be a mechanism to turn off channel
>> binding from the client.  Right now, there is no way to test the
>> non-PLUS mechanism in an SSL build.
>
> I think that would be a good thing to have.

Sure. How do we shape that though? I would think about an extra option
for a scram-sha-256 entry with channel-binding=on|off|choice, choice
being what is currently on HEAD with letting the client decide to use
it or not.
--
Michael