Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Koichi Suzuki
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
SRA-OSS certification was taken over by LPIC Japan.  Now it is
labelled as "Open source database certificate" (sorry, I'm not sure
about official English label.  They're all in Japanese), which was
developed by many people from many organizations.   In fact, at
present, it is just PostgreSQL.

They publish textbook.   PDF version is free.   Several Japanese
companies provide a course for this certificate.   SRA-OSS is one of
them.   Because they're run by LPIC, it is regarded as neutral one.

I'm a little bit involved at very early stage.   I understand that
LPIC Japan began this certificate locally because the first needs will
be in Japan.   At present, almost all the materials and pages are in
Japanese but I think LPIC Japan can talk with people interested in
localizing/globalize the certificate.

Regards;
Koichi Suzuki