DB transactions when browser freezes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dafNi zaf
Subject DB transactions when browser freezes
Date
Re: DB transactions when browser freezes  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
Re: DB transactions when browser freezes  (David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Re: DB transactions when browser freezes  (Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello to everybody,

I started to upload (via phpPgAdmin) to a local server a huge file (20GB) in
order to fill up a database.
The uploding completed and the transactions started. But unfortunately, my
browser crashed/freezed in the middle of the transactions.

I wanted to know, given that the uploading of the file was completed, will the
transactions keep executing on server??

Before the browser crashed there was a process that consumed 23.6% of the
CPU for the transactions and now, I see the same process with approximately
the same percentage.

Should I assume that the transactions keep running?

I am trying to avoid uploading the file all over again because it has already been
running for 5 hours.

Thank you in advance!!
dafNi