Re: "could not find pathkey item to sort" for TPC-DS queries 94-96 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Coleman
Subject Re: "could not find pathkey item to sort" for TPC-DS queries 94-96
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 8:16 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:37 AM Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > Could be related to incremental sort, which allowed some gather merge
> > paths that were impossible before. We had a couple issues related to
> > that fixed in November, IIRC.
>
> Hmm, could be. Although, the stack trace at issue doesn't seem to show
> a call to create_incrementalsort_plan().

The changes to gather merge path generation made it possible to use
those paths in more cases for both incremental sort and regular sort,
so by "incremental sort" I read Tomas as saying "the patches that
brought in incremental sort" not specifically "incremental sort
itself".

James