Re: Same query, same data different plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daevor The Devoted
Subject Re: Same query, same data different plan
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Is the table stats up to date on both?

Best regards,
Na-iem Dollie

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 2:56 PM Kostas Papadopoulos <kostas@methodosit.com.cy> wrote:

I have two identical databases running in the same instance of Postgresql. Ran
analyze on both. Running the same query I'm getting different plans, one x10 slower.
Although I have solved my problem by re-writing the query, I want to understand why
this is happening. If the configuration, Postgresql version, schema and data are the
same, what other factors is the planner considering?

--

Kostas Papadopoulos
KE MethodosIT