Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
>> I'm still in interested in this idea and haven't found a good reason
>> to rescind the general thinking there.
>
> It's an interesting idea. I wonder if it would be possible to make it
> compatible with existing tools like ssh-agent instead of inventing our
> own?

I don't understand what you mean: the aesthetic of that proposal was
to act as pure delegation insomuch as possible to integrate with other
programs, and the supplementary programs provided that I wrote just
for the purposes of demonstration are short.

(https://github.com/fdr/pq-resolvers, if you want to read the program texts)