Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think this thread deserves more attention:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAZKuFaJUfdDFp1_vGHbDfYRu0Sj6mSOVvKRp87aCQ53ov6iwA@mail.gmail.com

(I wrote that mail)

I'm still in interested in this idea and haven't found a good reason
to rescind the general thinking there.

Some of my colleagues are thinking along similar lines outside the
Postgres context.  They seem happy with how that is shaping up.

So, if there is some will for revival, that would be grand.