Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Michálek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/5/17 05:40, Jan Michálek wrote:
> jelen=# \pset linestyle rst
> Line style is rst.
> jelen=# \pset format wrapped
> Output format is wrapped.
> jelen=# SELECT repeat('Goodnight Irene ', 30);
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |
> repeat                                    |
> +=============================================================================+
> | Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene
> Goodnight I.|
> |.rene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene
> Goodni.|
> |.ght Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight Irene Goodnight
> Irene G.|

I doubt that this kind of line breaking style is actually proper rst.

If you mean wrapped lines, it is wrapped by email client (in sent messages it looks as a table).
But really, this rst (original version from sent messages) doesn`t work (I actually test it) and don`t know why, but problem is probably related with linebreaks.
In last wersion of diff is pset changed from linestyle to format and using "wrapped" format is not possible.

Regards

Jan

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/