Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jacob Champion
Subject Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 2:59 AM wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
<wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> The scenario of this bug is to subscribe to two publications at the same time,
> and these two publications publish parent table and child table respectively.
> And option via_root is specified in both publications or only in the publication
> of the parent table.

Ah, reading the initial mail again, that makes sense. I came to this
thread with the alternative reproduction in mind (subscribing to one
publication with viaroot=true, and another publication with
viaroot=false) and misread the report accordingly... In the end, I'm
comfortable with the current level of coverage.

> > Would it
> > be enough to just replace that whole thing with gpt.attrs?
>
> Make sense.
> Changed as suggested.

LGTM, by inspection. Thanks!

--Jacob