Re: New repo RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Michael Vermaes
Subject Re: New repo RPMs
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
(Apologies for not replying to the original message directly ...)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 00:20 AM Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> 1. Instead of having separate repo RPMs per PostgreSQL major version, we now
> have one single repo RPM that supports all supported PostgreSQL releases. This
> will make our lives easier. The new packages obsolete the current ones.
>
> 2. While working on it, bumped up the repo RPM version to 42. Hopefully that
> will be the end of the "The repo RPM is 10-4, how can I find 10-7 repo rpm, so
> that I can install PostgreSQL 10.7?" type questions. We were tired of answering
> that.

This seems like it will be a good improvement (I'll admit to being someone that
used to be confused about the relationship :)

I noticed that after updating several of our 9.6 CentOS 7 servers to the new
repo RPM, that python-psycopg2 now brings in postgresql11-libs as a dependency.
So after fully updating, both postgresql96-libs and postgresql11-libs are
installed.

Would this be expected behaviour after these changes?

Thanks.

Michael