New repo RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject New repo RPMs
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

I made 3 major changes in the PGDG RPM (RHEL/Fedora/CentOS/SL) repo files:

1. Instead of having separate repo RPMs per PostgreSQL major version, we now
have one single repo RPM that supports all supported PostgreSQL releases. This
will make our lives easier. The new packages obsolete the current ones.

2. While working on it, bumped up the repo RPM version to 42. Hopefully that
will be the end of the "The repo RPM is 10-4, how can I find 10-7 repo rpm, so
that I can install PostgreSQL 10.7?" type questions. We were tired of answering
that.

3. I added "latest" suffix to all repo RPMs, i.e.:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

This is a symlink to the actual latest repo RPM. Lots of blog posts / automated
scripts were broken in the past because of pointing to no-more existing repo
packages, so apparently this will also make our lives easier in the future.

I partially updated the website to point to the new repo RPMs, will finish the
rest tomorrow.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment