Dedicated PostgreSQL System - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Dedicated PostgreSQL System
Date
Re: Dedicated PostgreSQL System  (Andrew Hastie <lists@ahastie.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

I'm trying to understand what exact parameters or configurations are
adjusted when a PostgreSQL database system is going to be used as a
'stand-alone' or 'dedicated' server versus a shared or embedded
database system? I have a server that's only going to be dedicated to
running Linux and PostgreSQL software. Can someone please help me
understand a few things I need to view or test with in order to get
the most utilization from PostgreSQL & the dedicated hardware it will
sit on top?

--
Carlos Mennens