Re: Postgres Account Inherit Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: Postgres Account Inherit Question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Did you check for a .pgpass file ?

I'm assuming you're talking about a hidden file in my Linux shell for
the 'postgres' user. I don't see one anywhere. I just had a
.psql_history file which I removed.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Did you check for a .pgpass file ?
>
> And do you have any other lines before the few ones you give ?

Yes. It reads the config file as follows:

# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         10.1.10.0/24          md5
host    all         all         10.1.11.0/24          md5
host    all         all         192.168.0.0/24        md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5