Re: BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John McKown
Subject Re: BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 12:51 PM, <mina@naguib.ca> wrote:

> Bug reference:      13583
> Logged by:          Mina Naguib
> Email address:      mina@naguib.ca
> PostgreSQL version: 9.5alpha2
> Operating system:   N/A
>
> This section of the documentation states:
>
> "...  we created tables without specifying any schema ... are automatical=
ly
> put into a schema named "public" ..."
>
> This is not true.  At least from my tests, the search_path is taken into
> account.
>
> My search_path is set to "$user",public, and therefore a barebones "creat=
> table foo();" creates the table foo in the "mina" schema, not the "public=
"
> schema.

=E2=80=8BI think this depends on you, the user, creating the proper schema.=
 I don't
think that an "initdb" creates any schemas other than "public". At least,
that has been my experience so far.=E2=80=8B

--=20

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

10 to the 12th power microphones =3D 1 Megaphone

Maranatha! <><
John McKown