BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From mina@naguib.ca
Subject BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading
Date
Re: BUG #13583: Documentation "5.8.2. The Public Schema" misleading  (John McKown <john.archie.mckown@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13583
Logged by:          Mina Naguib
Email address:      mina@naguib.ca
PostgreSQL version: 9.5alpha2
Operating system:   N/A

This section of the documentation states:

"...  we created tables without specifying any schema ... are automatically
put into a schema named "public" ..."

This is not true.  At least from my tests, the search_path is taken into
account.

My search_path is set to "$user",public, and therefore a barebones "create
table foo();" creates the table foo in the "mina" schema, not the "public"
schema.