Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Finnegan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:
On 06/29/2014 02:58 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Last I checked, NetBSD doesn't support any sort of multiprocessor VAX.
>  Multiprocessor VAXes exist, but you're stuck with either Ultrix or VMS
> on them.

  Hi Pat, it's good to see your name in my inbox.

Hi! :)

  NetBSD ran on multiprocessor BI-bus VAXen many, many years ago.  Is
that support broken?

And it also runs on the 11/780 which can have multiple CPUs... but I've never seen support for using more than one CPU (and the NetBSD page still says "NetBSD/vax can only make use of one CPU on multi-CPU machines").  If that has changed, I'd love to hear about it.  Support for my VAX 6000 would also be nice...

Pat