Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 6:18 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 11:06 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here are some review comments for patch v12-0001
> >
> > ======
> > General
> >
> > 1.
> > There is no new test code. Are we sure that there are already
> > sufficient TAP tests doing binary testing with/without copy_data and
> > covering all the necessary combinations?
> >

> Oops. Please ignore this comment. Somehow I missed seeing those
> 032_binary_copy.pl tests earlier.

I think it would better to write the tests for this feature in the
existing test file 014_binary as that would save some time for node
setup/shutdown and also that would be a more appropriate place for
these tests.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.