Re: option -T in pg_basebackup doesn't work on windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: option -T in pg_basebackup doesn't work on windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> >Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to create it correctly in the first place?
>
> Looking at the code, I think it is very well possible to create
> it correctly in the first place without much extra work.  I will
> send a patch if nobody sees any problem with this change.

Attached patch implements the above suggested fix.
I have removed the earlier code which was used to update the
symlink path.

Do you see any need to change below line in docs:
"If a tablespace is relocated in this way, the symbolic links inside the main data directory are updated to point to the new location."

I was not sure whether docs need any change, so kept them
intact.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.
Attachment