Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 10 release notes.  They
>> are current as of two days ago, and I will keep them current.  Please
>> give me any feedback you have.
>>

> Some of the items which I feel could be added:
>
> 5e6d8d2bbbcace304450b309e79366c0da4063e4
> Allow parallel workers to execute subplans.
>
> 61c2e1a95f94bb904953a6281ce17a18ac38ee6d
> Improve access to parallel query from procedural languages.
>
> In Parallel Queries section, we can add above two items as they
> increase the usage of the parallel query in many cases.

I see the second one in release notes, but maybe we should credit
Rafia Sabih as well for that feature as she was the original author of
the patch and has helped in fixing the bugs that occurred due to that
feature.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.