Re: New to GSOC 2013 - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: New to GSOC 2013
Date
List pgsql-students
On 8 April 2013 06:14, Shuai Fan <shuai900217@126.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I'd like to introduce myself to the dev community. I am Shuai Fan, a student from Dalian University of
Technology,China. And I am interested in working with PostgreSQL project in GSOC2013.
>     I have gone through the wiki pages and GSOC2013 page of PostgreSQL. And I'm interested in the idea, "rewrite
(add)pg_dump and pg_restore utilities as libraries (.so, .dll, & .dylib)". I would be nice if someone can guide where
tostart from.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in contributing.  There has been discussion
around that particular proposal on the pgsql-hackers list, and there
appears to be contention as to its usefulness at the moment.  It may
be a good idea to come up with an alternative proposal that you could
work on and submit that.

Regards

Thom