Re: GSoC 2016 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: GSoC 2016
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 15 March 2016 at 23:22, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Thom,
>
> * Thom Brown (thom@linux.com) wrote:
>> On 19 February 2016 at 15:07, Alexander Korotkov
>> <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> > Assuming a got no answer from you in hackers and application deadline is
>> > today, I've started to filling organization application myself.
>> > I've sent you an admin invitation. If you would like to sent new application
>> > from scratch, let me know and I'll delete my application.
>>
>> Actually, I submitted the requested shortly after sending my email,
>> but thanks for covering this in case I had forgot.  So yes, you can
>> delete the application.
>
> Were we declined as an organization..?  I don't see PG listed, which is
> quite disappointing.
>
> I was hoping to visit the student-run Computing & Technology group at my
> alma mater (George Mason University) to see about scaring up some PG
> GSoC students (and/or interns to work with me over the summer...).

Yes, unfortunately we didn't make it this year.  We think it's
because, for the first time this year, they've asked us to put a lot
more detail, timescales and difficulty levels on all the project
ideas, and this was requested with very little notice, and we didn't
manage to get it done in time.

Thom