Re: man pages for contrib programs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: man pages for contrib programs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2012 21:29, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2012-04-04 at 21:53 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think it would be useful to split this up into three sections:
>
>> F.1. Extensions
>> F.2. Client Applications
>> F.3. Server Applications
>
>> where the first looks like now and the other two contain the refentry
>> pages.
>
>> We could also consider making two separate appendixes.  Maybe that
>> would result in a better table of contents.
>
> I've played around with this a little bit to see how the tables of
> contents etc. turn out.  I think the best approach is to have two
> appendixes
>
> F. Additional Supplied Extensions
>
> with one sect1 per extension, like now, and
>
> G. Additional Supplied Applications
>
> with two subsections Client and Server Applications, and one refentry
> per application.  That would end up looking much like the SPI chapter.

Could you clarify what you're defining to be a client application and
a server application?  This could be confusing as we already have
sections under Reference called "PostgreSQL Client Applications" and
"PostgreSQL Server Applications", visible in the root table of
contents.

--
Thom