Re: man pages for contrib programs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: man pages for contrib programs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2012-04-04 at 21:53 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think it would be useful to split this up into three sections:

> F.1. Extensions
> F.2. Client Applications
> F.3. Server Applications

> where the first looks like now and the other two contain the refentry
> pages.

> We could also consider making two separate appendixes.  Maybe that
> would result in a better table of contents.

I've played around with this a little bit to see how the tables of
contents etc. turn out.  I think the best approach is to have two
appendixes

F. Additional Supplied Extensions

with one sect1 per extension, like now, and

G. Additional Supplied Applications

with two subsections Client and Server Applications, and one refentry
per application.  That would end up looking much like the SPI chapter.