Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: [FEATURE] Add schema option to all relevant objects
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 5 July 2011 20:47, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 20:23 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
>>  but left it where it
>> was.  In order to implement these changes, I had to also fix quite a
>> few bugs, and while I was at it, implemented a few additional changes.
>>  They are as follows:
>>
>> - Prevent functions having a complete rewrite when changing owner
>> - Add the ability to specify an owner for operators at creation time
>> - Fix invalid syntax on text search configuration, parser and template
>> when modifying the name
>> - Fix unescaped name when modifying text search configuration, parser
>> and template name
>> - Disabled the owner field on text search dictionaries as it cannot be modified
>> - Allow renaming types for versions 8.4 and higher
>>

> You're gonna hate me, but can you extract the fixes, one by one, from
> the actual new feature? even if we won't apply all of them to 1.14, I
> don't want to mix them with the real new feature (at least for
> pgAdmin :) ).

Okay, I've picked out the patches and removed them from the main
patch.  All reattached.

textsearch*_syntax_fix.patch - These patches fix renaming the table so
it doesn't refer to the object as FTS.

remove_ts_*_quote_override.patch - These remove the overloading of the
GetQuotedIdentifier function which fail to quote the object name.

git apply textsearchdictionary_disable_owner.patch - disables the
owner dropdown when creating a text search template object as it
cannot be specified upon creation.  We should add an alter statement
to allow this, but for now, just disallow it rather than not work.

add_schemas_to_all_items_filtered.patch - same patch as before, but
with the above patch contents removed or adjusted to assume the fixes
have been applied.

I can't figure out how to refresh the destination node yet though.
This is a pain as various attempts often result in segfaults, and not
sure why.  At this point I hate nodes and will kill the next one I
see.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion