Re: SSL key with passphrase - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: SSL key with passphrase
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13 September 2011 15:17, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> There appears to be a problem with starting Postgres if the SSL key
>> has a passphrase on it.
>
> It's documented that that's unsupported.  Given the number of ways to
> start a postmaster, and the fact that many of them are noninteractive,
> I don't think it's very productive for us to worry about it.

For reference, could you point me to the page which states this lack
of support?  All I could find was a mention that in order to start the
service automatically, you would need to remove the passphrase.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company