apple uses Postgres for RemoteDesktop 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Teran
Subject apple uses Postgres for RemoteDesktop 2
Date
Re: apple uses Postgres for RemoteDesktop 2  ("Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe@qwest.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

maybe anyone already knows that Apple is distributing Postgres 7.3.3
with RemoteDesktop 2. Its located in
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/rmdb.bundle/

BUT... they did not do a good job: -their- installation is using the
default port which means: either -their- version works or the one that
the server owner maybe installed on the same server. In our case
neither our Postgres nor the one from RemoteDesktop 2 did start up
because of file conflicts.

If anyone from the Postgres (or from whereever) team is in contact with
apple about RemoteDesktop and Postgres it would be great it they could
ask apple to change their port, its unbelievable that they did not care
about this problem.

regards David