Log operating system user connecting via unix socket - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From José Arthur Benetasso Villanova
Subject Log operating system user connecting via unix socket
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings, gentlemen.

Here in my work, we have about 100 PostgreSQL machines and about 20 users with superuser privileges.

This group of 20 people change constantly, so it's cumbersome create a role for each. Instead, we map all of then in pg_ident.conf.

The problem is: with current postgres log, I just know that a postgres user connect, but I don't know which one is in case that more than one user is logged in the server.

This simple log line can create the relations needed for an audit.

Feel free to comment and criticize.

--
José Arthur Benetasso Villanova
Attachment