Re: pg_reorg in core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: pg_reorg in core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM, M.Sakamoto
<sakamoto_masahiko_b1@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sakamoto, maintainer of reorg.
>
>>> What could be also great is to move the project directly into github to
>>> facilitate its maintenance and development.
>>No argument from me there, especially as I have my own fork in github,
>>but that's up to the current maintainers.
> Yup, I am thinking development on CVS(onPgfoundry) is a bit awkward for
> me and github would be a suitable place.

Hello Sakamoto-san

I have created a "reorg" organization on github: https://github.com/reorg/
You are welcome to become one of the owners of the organization. I
have already added Itagaki Takahiro as owner because he has a github
account. If you open a github account or give me the email of one you
own I will invite you as organization owner. Michael is also member of
the organization.

I have re-converted the original CVS repository as Michael's
conversion was missing the commit email info, but I have rebased his
commits on the new master. My intention is to track CVS commits into
the cvs branch of the repos and merge them into the master, until
official development is moved to git.

The repository is at <https://github.com/reorg/pg_reorg>. Because I'm
not sure yet about a few details (from the development model to the
committers emails) it may be rebased in the near future, until
everything has been decided.

Thank you very much.

-- Daniele