Re: pg_reorg in core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From M.Sakamoto
Subject Re: pg_reorg in core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I'm sakamoto, maintainer of reorg.

>> What could be also great is to move the project directly into github to
>> facilitate its maintenance and development.
>No argument from me there, especially as I have my own fork in github,
>but that's up to the current maintainers.
Yup, I am thinking development on CVS(onPgfoundry) is a bit awkward for
me and github would be a suitable place.

To be honest, we have little available development resources, so
no additional features are added recently. But features and fixes to
be done piled up, which Josh sums up.

In the short term, within this month I'll release minor versionup
of reorg to support PostgreSQL 9.2. And I think it's the time to
reconsider the way we maintain pg_reorg.
It's happy that Josh and Michael are interested in reorg,
and I wish you to be a maintainer :)

I think we can discuss at reorg list.

M.Sakamoto NTT OSS Center