Re: Windows now has fdatasync() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Windows now has fdatasync()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've bumped this to the next cycle, so I can hopefully skip the
missing version detection stuff that I have no way to test (no CI, no
build farm, and I have zero interest in dumpster diving for Windows 7
or whatever installations).

I propose that we drop support for Windows versions older than
10/Server 2016 in the PostgreSQL 16 cycle, because the OS patches for
everything older come to an end in October next year[1], and we have a
lot of patches relating to modern Windows features that stall on
details about old systems that no one actually has.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions