Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:21 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> In the meantime, we've had *lots* of buildfarm failures in the
> added pg_stat_all_tables query, which indicate that indeed the
> stats collector mechanism isn't terribly reliable.  But that
> doesn't directly prove anything about the original problem,
> since the planner doesn't look at stats collector data.

I noticed that if you look at the list of failures of this type, there
are often pairs of animals belonging to Andres that failed at the same
time.  I wonder if he might be running a bunch of animals on one
kernel, and need to increase net.core.rmem_max and
net.core.rmem_default (or maybe the write side variants, or both, or
something like that).

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com